How i>clickers will be used in ASTR/PHYS 109
Confirmed by ITS 01/19/17
Register your i>clicker Here. Make sure to use your TAMU UIN. We will be interfacing with the eCampusrning system
There are a number of options for i>clickers, and in principle any model that allows A-E answers should work. That being said, here is more detail on each.
- i>clicker+ - Standard supported clicker for TAMU
- i>clicker 2 - Standard supported clicker for TAMU
- i>clicker1 - This model still works, but it is not supported by TAMU. If you have one you are welcome to try.
- REEF Polling - It is possible to use an cell phone app or your computer instead of buying an i>clicker. However, there is terrible cell phone coverage in the classroom, and if there are network problems with the wireless in the classroom (or too many people are using it at once) it won't work. Thus, this solution is not recommended by the instructor although it is supported by TAMU.
- CPS clickers will not work! (Most people don't have these, so most people can ignore this comment)
- i>clickers register the last pressed entry as your answer, and if you decide to change your answer, you can press another key, up until the poll/quiz is closed.
- Each i>clicker has a way to indicate that it properly recorded an answer. Students should check their manual, or https://macmillannv.desk.com/?b_id=10299 for information specific to that device.
- More than one student can use a clicker as long as they are not in the same class/section. The student here should go ahead and register the clicker under their name (they will likely have to pay a $7 registration fee), but then they will appear as associated with that particular clicker. This will not mess up the registration of the other person they are borrowing the clicker from.
by David Toback 01/19/17